Nothing says summer like fresh homegrown tomatoes and herbs on crisp bread.
- 1 loaf Companion Italian hearth bread, slice into bite size pieces
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Balsamic glaze
- Serves 6
- Heat grill to medium – about 400°.
- Toss the tomatoes, basil leaves, onion and garlic, olive oil and salt to mix well.
- Brush both sides of bread with olive oil and place on grill until lightly toasted and slightly charred.
- Flip and do the same to the other side.
- Remove from grill and top with tomato mixture.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.