Sweet Italian Sausage, Pepper & Onion Sandwich
Add a little sizzle to your BBQ with the sweet taste of Italian sausage on classic sourdough.
- 1 loaf Companion Seeded Sourdough hearth bread, cut into sandwich slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 Sweet Italian sausage links
- 2 slices provolone cheese or 2 oz grated fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Makes 2 sandwiches
- Heat grill to medium – about 400°.
- Cook sausage links according to package.
- Toss onion and bell pepper in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place sausage and veggies in pan over grill until soft and slightly charred.
- Remove from grill and let cool.
- Once sausage is cooled to the touch, split lengthwise.
- Place on top of slice of bread, top with onion, peppers, cheese, and add the top slice.
- Open wide and enjoy!